- built-in (though see https://github.com/heycam/webidl/issues/350)
- color space
- keepalive (though HTTP `
Keep-Alive` [sic] header)
- referrer (though HTTP `
Referer` [sic] header)
- style sheet
- whitespace (though CSS '
white-space' [sic] property)
- Use 's for possessives, even when it looks unnatural.
- Use the Oxford Comma.
- Avoid "one of" unless it's followed by a bulleted list. You can normally leave it out and just use "or". If you cannot leave it out, that might be a good indication you want to use a bulleted list for clarity.
- A hierarchy (not an).
- web, unless at the start of a sentence
- Spaces around — (em dash)
- Lowercase after colon (The slot attribute is used to assign a slot to an element: an element with a slot attribute is assigned to the slot created by the slot element whose name attribute's value matches that slot attribute's value)
Words and phrases used as words
- Avoid using "simply" or suggesting that something is simple
- Don't use "white" as meaning good and "black" as meaning bad; more concretely, "safelist" and "blocklist" are established precedent